I feel like this is the must-have first post for every/any developer who's managed to set up a blog with a static-site generator, only I'm 5 years late to the party and I forgot to feed my rabbit. 🥕
Rundown of what you'll get once I manage to finish this draft:
- What's the haps with static site generators (SSGs)
- Metalsmith (and why I prefer it)
- The awesome-sauce that is Netlify
- Building a JAM stack (this site really isn't one, but we'll talk a bit about what a JAM stack is)
- Stuff other similar posts don't usually mention
- service workers and are they worth on a static site?
- generating a sitemap, RSS feed and other tidbits
- Adding a CMS (Netlify-CMS)
Other interesting findings/credits(?).